Polonica Americana Research Institute (PARI)
- Phone: 248-683-0323
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10am-4pm.
- Please call to make an appointment for a consultation.
PARI is a department of The Polish Mission. The Polonica Americana Research Institute (PARI) is a research facility offering workshops, lectures, and seminars. The programs are designed for families interested in Polish heritage and genealogy. We have many parish jubilee books, indexes to burials at Holy Cross Cemetery, and references books for Polish research.
Please see the catalog our volunteer Dana has developed: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/MiPolonia
The majority of our books are in English. We are accepting family group sheets and decendency charts for our Vertical File as well as enrollment cards of past students and a continue to receive donations for our funeral card collections. We also have three premium databases available in our lab (we have eight computers and wireless).
- Michigan Polonia
- Poznan Project
- Polskie Towarzystwo Genealogiczne
- Pol-am Studio – Photo Studios serving Detroit’s Pol-Ams 1875-1950
- The Polish Pioneers of Calumet, Michigan – This blog explores the Polish community of Calumet, Houghton Co., Michigan. They were not the largest ethnic group- but many Midwestern families trace their ancestry back to a Polish miner in Calumet. The first settlers were from German Poland. The 1910 US Census enumerated miners hailing from Russian Poland and Austrian Poland, as well.